Terraform VCD Supplier 3.8.0/3.8.1 comes filled with enhancements!
Terraform VCD Supplier 3.8.0/3.8.1 is now launched, it helps the newest VMware Cloud Director (VCD) 10.4.1 launch and comes filled with completely different community-requested options and enhancements!
Please discover the important thing highlights beneath. Whereas for a full checklist of options, enhancements and bugfixes please see the CHANGELOG of three.8.0 and three.8.1 releases:
Improved and Prolonged VM Operations
- Overhauled the VM Create operation, which together with making it and visitor customization extra strong, fixes a difficulty the place VM was energy cycled a number of instances throughout the creation
- Launched vcd_catalog_vapp_template useful resource and information supply in favor of vcd_catalog_item (we encourage you to make use of this new useful resource because it follows a extra strong Terraform mannequin of referencing by distinctive identifiers)
- Added new attributes vapp_template_id and boot_image_id to assets vcd_vapp_vm and vcd_vm to make use of distinctive identifiers for referencing vApp Templates and Media Objects too
- Added VM Placement Insurance policies assist: vcd_vm_placement_policy useful resource, information sources vcd_vm_placement_policy and vcd_vm_group, and corresponding arguments to vcd_org_vdc, vcd_vapp_vm, and vcd_vm assets. v3.8.1 provides the opportunity of fetching VM Placement Insurance policies to tenant customers
Catalog Sharing, Publishing, and Subscription Assist
Please see an intensive information about this function: Catalog Subscription and Sharing
- Added assist for Remoted networks, completely different DHCP modes (‘EDGE’, ‘NETWORK’, ‘RELAY’), and Lease Time to vcd_nsxt_network_dhcp useful resource and information supply
- Launched a brand new area edge_cluster_id to have the ability to specify NSX-T Edge Cluster for VDC in useful resource and information supply vcd_org_vdc
- Added new useful resource and information supply vcd_org_ldap which permits configuring LDAP settings for a corporation
- Added new attribute metadata_entry to many assets and information sources, which provides assist of Metadata Visibility (Consumer Entry Ranges), all of the accessible Metadata Varieties, and Area (together with SYSTEM) in favor of now deprecated metadata
- Added information supply vcd_provider_vdc that permits fetching present Supplier VDCs
- Added information supply vcd_task that permits studying a VCD Job
- Finalized dealing with of assets deleted outdoors of Terraform
As this launch introduces quite a lot of enhancements, it needed to deprecate some objects as nicely. Please see the DEPRECATIONS part within the changelog.
Up to date go-vcloud-director Library
As traditional with the brand new Terraform VCD Supplier launch, we’ve launched a brand new model of the Go library for VCD. Should you’re growing on VCD with Go, v2.18.0 is the shopper to use now: